In summer and winter easily accessible by public transport and car!
The Kiental can be reached safely and quickly from Spiez. Many of our guests are surprised how quickly they arrive. Kiental lies in the Swiss Alps at the foot of the imposing Blüemlisalp massif in the Bernese Oberland. Only a few kilometers away are the mountain Niesen (the pyramid of Switzerland) and the historic city of Thun.
Arrival by public transport
- The village of Reichenbach im Kandertal is easily accessible by direct trains from Bern (40 minutes from Bern). In Reichenbach in Kandertal change to the PostBus bus and drive in 13 minutes to the station «Kiental, Dorf». Kientalerhof is right next to the bus station.
- Online public transport timetables: SBB
- There are also good connections to the airports in Zurich, Geneva, Basel, Geneva and Bern-Belp.
Arriving by car
- From Bern, Geneva, Basel, Zurich or Lucerne via the A6 / A8 motorway to Spiez
- From Spiez 20 minutes to Kiental (motorway exit Spiez / Kandersteg)
- Coming from Spiez in Reichenbach turn left at the height of the station to Kiental